Entries close in .......
Looking for your cycling sportive challenge this year? The search is over, returning after another successful 2022 event, the 2023 Wotton Lions Ride Over the Edge is now open for entry.
Once again, we’ve worked hard to ensure that the great feedback you gave us from the 2022 event is taken onboard and reflected in a huge 2023 cycling bonanza.
After climbing over the Cotswold escarpment, you’ll be indulged in mile after mile of some of the most beautiful countryside in Southern England. But entry gives you more than just scenery,
- A choice of four fabulous routes, 150k, 100k and 50k and new for 2023, The Loop, a 100 miler based around the 150k route. All in the rolling countryside of the Cotswolds
- Staggered starts and finish in the historic market town of Wotton Under Edge
- Downloadable routes in all current file formats
- Turn by turn and audio directions from world leading Ride with GPS software for all routes
- Recovery vehicles to get you back to the start line if you get into serious trouble
- End to end and split timings via our on-course scanned Control Points
- Ample free parking in the town with secure storage so you can enjoy and perhaps celebrate your riding achievement, whilst we take care of your bike
- Nutrition and hydration at each Control Point along the routes
To top it all, participants will be riding in the knowledge that this year every penny we make will be donated to the sophies-outdoor-wheelchair appeal. Sophies story is best told by her family, so please follow the link to see why we decided to dedicate all proceeds from our 2023 Ride Over the Edge cycling event to support her.
If Sophies story has touched you as much as it did us, then please consider raising additional funds by seeking sponsorship for your hard work and donate it directly to Sophies JustGiving page via the link above.
So, if you want a great day in the saddle with a great bunch of like-minded cyclists, and provide life changing support to Sophie, then this is the one for you.
Entry for all routes is £25 which includes a bespoke medal to all riders. There is a customized optional Race Buff which can be included during the entry process. Entries will be open from midnight 27/01/2023 until midnight on 24/07/2023.
Ready to sign up? Then congratulations, you’ve taken the first step to entering the iconic Wotton Lions Ride Over the Edge cycling sportive. Follow the steps below to proceed.
We’re going to make entering as easy as possible, but first you have to have an account with webscorer.com, our chosen registration and on-course timing provider. Why webscorer? Well, we utilize QR codes at the start/finish and at Control Points around your chosen course. This not only provides you with accurate overall timings and splits, but also helps us monitor where participants are along the course. If you are returning from our 2022 ride then you will already have an account. If this is the case scroll down to “I have a webscorer account”. If you are new to this fabulous event and don’t have an account, then follow these simple instructions on your smartphone.
- In your browser, go to webscorer.com.
- On the top right-hand side of the home page, select “get the app”.
- Follow the online instructions to create an account in webscorer. Please do not opt for the fee based “pro” membership, you can simply create a fee-free basic account where you will provide name, email address and a password as a pre-requisite.
- Select “Create account
- You now have a webscorer account. Please scroll to “I have a webscorer” account below to complete the process.
I have a webscorer account
- Open the app on your smartphone and log-in to your account.
- From the home page select “Race with self-timing”.
- Then select Register for a self-timed race.
- Select Race ID and in the Race ID box type in the numbers 302821. This will take you directly to Ride Over the Edge 2023 and the registration/payment process. You will be asked what distance your wish to cycle during this process. Don’t worry, you can change your mind later. If you fancy “The Loop” then enter the 150K for now and we’ll gather names for the 100 miler later.
- Once you have completed the registration process you’ll be able to view Ride Over the Edge 2023 in “My upcoming races”.
- Finally, pat yourself on the back! You’re now entered into the best Cycling event in the Cotswolds in 2023 and your helping change the life of someone special.
- We are a registered charity and therefore cannot refund entry fees unless we have to cancel the event. Transfers of entry are permitted free of charge up to two weeks prior to race day.
We will be in touch with you in the weeks and months leading up to the event, but for the moment, dust off the bike, get those miles in your legs and prepare yourself for the big day!
Questions or queries? email@example.com