Thank you for entering our event.
Before the event, you will receive by email an event pack giving you all the information you need to ensure that you have a great day exploring the wonderful countryside on our doorstep.
All funds will be shared between Lions UK Brain Tumour appeal and local community projects.
Lions are working in partnership with Brain Tumour Research to raise £1 million over four years to help fund game-changing research and raise awareness of the impact of brain tumours.
Brain Tumour Research is dedicated to raising funds for continuous and sustainable scientific research into brain tumours. It supports one of the UK’s largest collaborative groups of laboratory-based scientists.
Brain Tumour Research is the only national charity in the UK dedicated to raising funds for continuous and sustainable scientific research into brain tumours and is a leading voice calling for greater support and action for research into what scientists are calling the last battleground against cancer.
- Brain tumours are indiscriminate; they can affect anyone at any age.
- Brain tumours kill more children and adults under the age of 40 than any other cancer.
- Historically, just 1% of the national spend on cancer research has been allocated to brain tumours.
- In the UK, 16,000 people each year are diagnosed with a brain tumour.
- Brain tumours kill more children than leukaemia.
- Brain tumours kill more men under 45 than prostate cancer.
- Brain tumours kill more women under 35 than breast cancer.
- Less than 20% of those diagnosed with a brain tumour survive beyond five years compared with an average of 50% across all cancers.